Thursday, August 12, 2010

Life's More Fun When You Dress It Up!

My niece, Rori, turned 2 in June and her very talented Mommy planned a dress-up birthday party to celebrate! During the planning process, she informed me on her decorating ideas: a wall of mirrors, paper garland, and tons and tons of fun dress-up items for both boys and girls! (As much as Rori loves her girly purses and clothes, she didn't want her boy cousins to feel left out. She's very polite)

And so to keep it gender friendly, I designed the party invitations with the wall of mirrors in mind. Keeping it simple and colorful. All the ladies on the invite list received a handheld mirror shaped insert, and the gentlemen received a mustache on a stick (not shown).

(photos via bm.p)

For a little extra fun in the mail, I wrapped the invitation in a hand sewn paper garland to match the garlands that would be used at her party. I had a lot of fun making these invites and am always so pleased to see them fit into the party theme so perfectly! To see more of Rori's 2nd birthday party, including the yummy cookies I made...click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment